- To develop an understanding of electronics and computer technology pertaining to the control of mechanical systems and processes.
- To develop a systems approach to design of electro-mechanical systems.
- To promote the communication and practical skills that allows an innovative and creative interaction with developing technologies in the manufacturing sector.
- To build the capacity for training of manpower as well as enhance research in the area of mechatronics
- A candidate must have a mean aggregate of at least grade B –
- The mean grade for the total score in the four cluster subjects must be at least B (plain)
- In the individual cluster subjects, a candidate must have at least the scores given below:
- Mathematics C+
- Physics C+
- Chemistry C+
- Geography or Biology, or any group IV subject C+